For years, hard-sided luggage has played second fiddle to its soft cousins. Complaints about versatility, flexibility, and looks were common–and though hard-side fans often made the switch to soft, the opposite was a rare occurrence.
Noticing some oddly-shaped holes in the market, Briggs & Riley threw their hat into the ring with the recent release of Torq. With so many notable features, we actually ran out of room to describe it on our product pages. (No, really.) So we’ve compiled a digestible rundown of Torq’s most unique features. Will they move you to make the switch?
- Ergonomically-designed, aircraft-grade aluminum Outsider® telescoping handle system is on the exterior of the bag, providing a flat packing surface inside
- Patent-pending, TSA-approved Control Panel™ locks main and front compartments in one location
- Soft-grip top and side handles for easy grabbing off the luggage carousel or loading into the trunk of a car
- The International Carry-On Spinner features a scratch-resistant front door panel
- Recessed dual spinner wheels, eight wheels in total, have a low center of gravity for easier maneuvering
- A wide-set wheel base prevents tilting and wobbling no matter how you roll it
- SmartLink™ System lets you attach two bags together to easily transport as one unit
- Slimmer lid is easy to pack and unpack on a luggage rack, and provides a deep, roomy main compartment
- Three-layer Makrolon® polycarbonate exterior is thick and extremely impact-resistance, with an enticing glossy finish
- Molded ID tag conceals personal information
- Side feet protect the bag from dirt, moisture, and scratches when it’s placed on its side
- Flexible retaining wall for easy, accurate packing
- Molded compression panel to keep clothing stable and flat in transit
- Mesh u-zip lid pockets keep contents visible and accessible
- Privacy pocket at the bottom of main compartment conceals unmentionables or other sensitive items
- Medium and Large bags have a wet/dry side pocket, eliminating the need to bring an additional toiletry bag
- International Carry-On Spinner has front compartment for easier access to travel documents or in-flight needs, as well as a padded iPad® or tablet compartment
- Fabric bag included with all sizes to protect the suitcase when not in use
Once again, Briggs & Riley’s covered all the bases, designing a bag that meets the needs and resolves the complaints of travelers everywhere. Sure, it’s a little different. But aren’t you, too?